How can i get my son to stop hitting himself in the head

My son is 9 1/2 months and has been hitting himself with his hand hard in the hard sometimes hard enought to make himself cry. I've tried stopping his hand before he hits himself, and tell him, dont hit yourself its not nice. He continues, and when he does make himself cry i get him and tell him don't hit yourself because then you hurt yourself like you just did. But i cant seem to get him to stop. He's been doing this for about a week. I've ever tried to give him toys to distract him and he will just hit him self with the toy

vgiron

Asked by vgiron at 5:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same age. I guess there isn't much you can do except for letting him figure out that hitting himself hurts.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 10 months old and has been doing that for about a month. I wish I could get her to stop but she won't!!!
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• my son is 6 months old and does this everytime he gets tired. i can not get him to stop either. hopefully he will just grow out of it without doing any serious damage. lol.
    missrayanne

Answer by missrayanne at 5:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2009