Which hair growing product have you used to help grow hair and actually worked?

shampoo's conditioner's anything Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Vitamins- Biotin specifically.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• After chemotherapy and radiation therapy, I used a shampoo called "Nioxin". It's sold online and also at salons. It's got niacin added as an ingredient; Niacin helps dilate bloodvessels and helps keep follicles healthy. Before the cancer crap, I could sit on my hair. After a year of Nioxin, it was past my shoulderblades again. I continue to use the product, and while I'm generally NOT in favour of brand name anything, I have found no other over-the-counter item that maintains hair growth and slows hair loss or encourages new growth, not even "rogaine" type preps. Other shampoos like L'Oreal and Garnier and so forth have a "long hair formula" but they don't have the right combo of vitamins, or don't have enough niacin, because NONE of them have worked as well for me as Nioxin does.
    Morniel

Answer by Morniel at 8:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009