18 year old contacting minor follow up

Her phone has been taken. She is not getting it back. We have contacted local police. I put his number out in case you find it in your sisters, daughters phone. We just want him to stop contacting her. I do watch my daughter except when she is in school. We know he is in contact with another minor (friend of my daughter) was passing messages through her. We do not allow her to be around said friend. Notified said friends parents of what is going on. Thank you for all the support. We need tougher laws on Adults contacting Minors. Yes we as good parents watch them close but they have access to internet at school. She does not have access to inernet at home. I don't want this happening to another child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Good for you. I would also ask her schools Police resource officer, to have a conversation with both girls who are in contact with this guy. He should tell them how dangerous it is. How did she even get in contact with him in the first place?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He is only 18? How old is your daughter? At 16-17, I had friends that were 18 and I see no problem with that. I can't judge or give you anymore advice because you didn't give enough to go on. I won't just stop a conversation or friendship because someone is 18. What is the reason you don't want him contacting your daughter? I also wouldn't be giving his number to other people, it could get you in trouble.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Alaska has toughest laws in country.
    You need to do better job taking care of your kids.
    Anonymous

• I believe her daughter is 11.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• in that case 11 is too young for a cell phone, jmo.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Your daughter is 11 and talking to an 18 yr old boy ? Where did she meet him ? Did he know she was 11 when they started talking ?
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 7:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That is sick. What is wrong with that 18 yr old?
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 10:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Good for you! It sounds like you are doing the right thing and we can all learn from this! It was good that you talked to the other parents too because they needed to know for their daughter's safety. Glad to hear the update!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My BIL has had a phone from a young age and no trouble has come from it. With the lack public payphones nowadays I'm wondering at what age I might give one to my children; in any case the phone will have limited abilities.

To the OP:

I would meet with the principle as well since this activity has also been happening at school. He might want to change the security on their internet, and you may be able to alert your dd's teachers that have internet in their classroom.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009