woop woop!! 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced!!

so ladies, i went to my ob/gyn appointment and it turns out I am 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated! I had no idea...
Anyways was just wondering what i should do at this point? is there anything?
I can't have sex, i'm on orders not to..but i don't want this labor drug out..
Not that it's particularly painful or anything considering i don't "feel the contractions" just feel aches in my back..she said to time by those.
any advice??
i'm kinda lost lol

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why no sex? are you full term yet?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I was 3 cm and 80% for like, two weeks. It will just happen when it happens. It sucks to wait.
    Anonymous

• no sex because her head is REALLY low, and i bled the last time we had sex.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 5:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm 36 w 4 d btw.
    she gave me my "yellow papers today "
    she doesn't even expect me to make it till next week
    ( I had a short cervix to begin with)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 5:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• What are the yellow papers?
    I walked around at 4cms for four weeks, so don't get your hopes up too high. I was actually 5cm when I went in for my induction. Don't worry, you will be holding your LO soon enough.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I was 4 cm and 70% effaced for 3 weeks
    Anonymous

• I don't know what you should do, but I just wanted to tell you I am jealous! At least you're seeing some activity...my son is chillin' in my belly I am 36 weeks tomorrow and no activity in my cervix..don't babies know it's not a permanent stay! I want out! LOL! Congrats and how exciting!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• damn I feel like we are all crushing your hopes but I have a story too! I was 3 cm at 34 weeks, 4 at 35 and 5cm at 37 weeks and I still made it to my induction at 38 1/2 weeks! Being 3 cm is great and it means that when you do go in to labor that it should go a little quicker because you have less to dilate but thats about it:( It doesnt mean you will be going in to labor anything soon.

Why cant you have sex? You bled and were told no sex well that was obviously before you were full term so they probably didnt want you going in to preterm labor. My daughters head was at a +2 station (about the closest you can be before they crown) for the last 3 weeks and I was allowed to have sex again once I hit full term at 37 weeks (I had been on bedrest since I was 2cm at 31 weeks and was let off at 37 weeks)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• the bleeding happened last week, i was told TODAY by my ob/gyn no sex..I had a short cervix and other complications to begin with...
    she said today she didnt expect me to make it until next week,,so I'm crossing my fingers :)
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 9:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know this is probably not what you want to hear but being dilated is not an indication of labor starting soon. You can walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks but you can also go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009