Do you ever get tired of your mom's smart ass remarks, and the fact that she thinks she can say anything, and she is always right according to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• hmm are you the same one from last night that wants to have another baby??
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 5:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't talk to my mother anymore.....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No that wasn't me.
    Anonymous

• No, my mom kicks ass. :)
    Anonymous

• Yes! You do have the power to stop her bitching. When she call and starts in on you, You just tell her you do not want to hear it and hang up. When you are face to face just walk away. This works great. Trust me I have done it.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It took me forever to grow a spine when it came to my mom. Now I get scared....I sound more and more like her every day!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It's funny how the older we grow we become more like them even though we always swore we'd never be like that. Truth is, we are all victims of the life cycle and human nature. She is most likely saying what she is because she thinks it is what is best for you, just like you will in-turn do for your daughter some day.. It's not easy to get your mom to stop giving you advice, but you can limit the advice she gives by limiting what you talk about with her, and by talking with her woman to woman about how you feel and that you really only want advice from her when you ask for it, not on every thing that you tell her.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 5:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• is this my dd? LOL sometimes we moms can be a pain. Just tell her to stop, that it's not appreciated. If she continues then ignore her (walk away or hang up on her- say good bye first of course!)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i dont talk to my parents for this reason and many, many others. I am nothing like my parents and never will be.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i dont have to deal with my own mom bc she is just a wackjob...very easy to tell her to shut up. but my MIL on the other hand always has something smart to say. like the other day, she said my son needed a different shirt on bc he was pulling at it. but thats what he does when he wants his diaper changed. idk why, but thats what he does. so hubby told her to change his diaper. she still told me to get another shirt which i did and then said she wasnt gonna argue about it. argue about what??? the next day, i just sent him there with the same shirt on to be an asshole. lol.
    Anonymous