Could you leave your husband if you had to?

If your husband say, cheated on you, and you had to leave him immediately, would you have the ability to do so, financially, emotionally etc? Do you know where you would go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Ppl make mistakes. I'd try to work it out first then if I had to I'd go. Actually I have left but had to save up to do so. Abuse was in my situation and I stayed in a shelter for a while. Emotionally: it takes time to work through anything that would destroy a family and relationship but I went to counseling.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No, I don't care if you would or not if he cheated. Hypothetically if he did and you decided you HAD to leave him, could you?
    Anonymous

• If a situation arose that required me to evacuate my living situation and go the road on my own, YES I would be able to do it. Even if that meant that I lived in a community shelter with my children, with friends or family, or in the car for a little bit. However, unless he was physically and/or emotionally abusing me there isn't anything that could make that happen. Cheating isn't something that qualifies as an immediate end relationship card. It does signify, however, that there is a serious communication problem and that your husband and you should work together to try and mend what is broken. If it can't be fixed, after a good few months or so of trying with counseling possibly than you can decide to leave... IN MY OPINION
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 5:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• just so everyone is clear, IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY. Don't EVER EVER let something as trivial as where would I live, or how would I feed the kids, stop you from escaping an abusive relationship! EVER! There are places that will help and you can find them, if you can't on your own, run and find the cops, they'll take you to a place.. of course it isn't cushy and a great place but it is better than where you and your children were! And it is SAFE!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 5:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yes my husband is a great man but i lived just fine without him before and did it for many yrs single. 12 yrs. so i can definately leave with no hardship whatsoever accept i would miss him terribly but with time that would fade as well. although i probably would not stop working on my marriage if he cheated or other stop but if he left me i would be fine. we have a real commitment to each other.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i'd leave my husband if he cheated, granted, he's done alot of stuff to piss me off, but that's the only way i'd leave, is if he cheated on me....i, and my children, deserve better
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• depends on the cheating i think. Did it happen one time? or is it an affair? One time is a mistake and might be worth trying to fix, of course i wouldnt sleep with him until he saw a doctor and we saw a counselor. that is he would still have me after i beat the shit out of him. if it was an affair, i might end up in jail
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I would try to go to counseling to fix it.I would not go anywhere .If he did it only once it is forgivable.The house I live in is underneath my name so I would not go anywhere.I would probably ask him to leave if I had to.
    Anonymous

• Oh, yes. One thing my mom and grandmother were adamant about...every woman has a responsibility to be able to care for herself WITHOUT a man.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009