Why did you hire your wedding photographer? WHat was your experience with him / her?`

I'm a wedding photographer, and want to poll former brides.

suzannekk

Asked by suzannekk at 4:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• We did not use a professional....my future father in law took some pictures.
    momwillandturn

Answer by momwillandturn at 5:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My neighbor was a professional photographer and since I had known him my whole life it was an easy choice!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• He came as part of our Vegas wedding package at the Canterbury Chapel!
    MistressBubs

Answer by MistressBubs at 8:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I was out of town when planning my wedding so I relied quite a bit on websites. I based my decision on pictures that were on the website. I really liked when I could see a good sampling from one wedding because I felt like anyone can take 100 pictures and end up with one good one so I felt better when I could see that all the pictures or at least most from one event were good. I also looked for websites that had pricing listed because I didn't want to waste time asking over and over only to find out someone was too expensive. I also made sure to go with someone who would let me have the digital negatives and copyright.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We hired her based on reviews on Weddings.com. She was great until it came time to process the photos and present us with the finished product. Then it became a HUGE problem. I didn't get my "professional" photos from my November 24th wedding until after Valentines day.

Needless to say, I had to go back to the original website that I found her on and give her a somewhat negative review.
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I wanted an inexpensive photographer with lots of experience. I hired this little old couple to shoot our wedding. They didn't put the photos online, but they were digital. I wasn't terribly interested in all the fancy stuff or extras, so I was really happy with what I got.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2008