So down about potty training... any helpful advice?

* Yes I put this under just for fun b/c some older moms dont look under certain subjects b/c their kids are grown... So I wanted everyones advice.

Anyways, he's going to be 3 in october and is just not interested.... :o( He will pee if I tell him to but will not tell me when he needs to go and he's never consistent. what can I do, I want him potty trained by 3 or I will feel embarrassed like i didnt do my job...

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hey sweetie, what i did for my lil guy, i bought a piggy bank that he like i leave it in the bath room with some change 5 cents for potty 15 cents for them bm and when it fills up he get a big boy present which is the money and then he can pick out any toy. so far it has worked for me and friends and i have also told some mom on here and they said it works great .
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 6:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Semi i think i am going to try that thanks for the idea.
    and goodluck Ashjoe
    Anonymous

• You need to determine if he doesn't get it yet, or if he is not wanting to......
    What worked good for me, was I got a "Hot Wheels" toy and put 10 of the circular garage sale stickers on it. Everytime he used the toilet, he put another smiley face sticker over it...When he filled all 10, he got to open the car. I thumb-tacked it next to the toilet so he could constantly see it.
    For the ones that know how to use the potty, but refuse to and just go in their pants anyway, I make them clean themsleves up and change their own clothes. If they want to be "in control", then they can take complete control!!! LOL!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well what worked with my kids was we let them pick out their own underwear. They were so excited about it that they didn't mess in them. Well there was a few accidents but they were upset and were happy about helping me by putting them in the washer. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Honey, relax. I have 5 kids, 3 of whom are boys. Two of whom are trained and one who is 2 and will be 3 Oct 6th. I am not even trying to train him yet. He is not ready. Try when they are 2 and it will take you a year, try when they are 3 and it will take you a week. My older sons were almost 3 or already 3. My son turned 3 in August and I started the 4th of July weekend and boom he had it down. You are putting undo presure on him and undo stress on yourself. Kids, boys mostly are harder. They have to reach certain physical, physiological, and emotional milestones before they are ready, they all achieve these milestones at different times. Don't push him, wait a bit. You are not failing, you are just trying too soon. Never make a big deal over this or it will take forever. Boys are funny like that. Be patient and good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2009