If your child got bullied at school how would you take care of it?

Or do you think kids will be kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my sons not even in school yet but.. i would take care of it, i would call the call school have them talk to the parent of the child and if not then i'll get a way to talk to the mother or father and make sure that they fix their child somehow.. and if not my rule is,, IF YOU GET HIT YOU BETTER HIT THEM BACK. :D THATS HOW I FEELL..
    Anonymous

• I take bullying seriously and not for a second do I think that kids will be kids, in my opinion that is a lame excuse some parents use to not deal with their child's behavior.

Depends on what type of bullying took place is how I would handle it. I would bullied proof my child, I would give hm tools to defend himself. I found a couple of very good websites about the subject a few months ago, there are some very useful books out there in the subject. Bullying needs to be addressed and stop, it hurts everybody, the target, the perpetrator and the bystander.

bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i agree with the frist anons answer if my dd gets bullied ill talk to the parents if they wont do anything then my dd knows to defend herself....if someone hits her she knows to hit back, but never throw the first punch, and always be nice unless they do something to you first.
    Anonymous

• My son was getting bullied at school and on the bus (they were beating him up). I ended up talking to the pricipal about it and it stopped. But he was also told that he was to defend himself if it didn't stop. We were a little surprised that he didn't fight back at first but when we asked him about it he said he was afraid he was going to hurt the other kid (who was twice his size).
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My child had this problem, about a month an 1/2 ago i talk to the teacher which they couldn't really do anything then i talked to the parents which nothing was done so i went to the cop shop and had my son talk to the cop which things finally got done. i wasn't going to let a 13 yr olf threaten my son with a knife. to me that child needed a lil behavior help when she tried to attack my 10 yr old son on the play ground
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• depends on the degree of bullying or the age. I try to teach my kids to work through it, ignore it or move on. I would do that first, then talk with the parents, then the teacher, then the admin at school-in that order. I find things run in cycles and bullying only lasts a few days and I have yet to get past step 2 above. I hope you find the same thing... I feel badly for kids that are picked on!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It depends on what you mean by bullying. There is a time and a place for adults to step in. But ultimately the kids who get bullied the most lack the skills to cope with it. (not that it's their fault that they're targets, but there is a reason why some kids suffer more than others) Sometimes too much adult intervention stifles a child's ability to learn how to interact with peers in bad situations.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That has happened to my oldest at daycare. I talked to the teachers and they handled it. My son took it for a long time before he came to me. It ended asap. I stay with my son on the playground before school every morning. I know that doesn't stop it at recess. But he hasn't had any problems.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If no results are shown after telling the teacher. I take it to the parents I don't play around with that bully crap.
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009