Babysitting question??

I went to school with this girl and she is starting a baby sitting buisness.Well she wants me to help, she will only have 3 kids.She wants me to come tues-fri.For 4-5 hrs a day.She said she would pay me 100 bucks.Do you think this is enough, i also have to drive 25min there and 25min back to get home.What do you all think?is this resonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• no not worth it... you would be doing just as much work as her it sounds... and the 25 mins there and back it may just cover gas.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 6:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well it don't sound too bad. That would be about $5/hour. Depends on the ages of the kids and how much work you would be doing. But that isn't a bad pay for baby sitting.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• do you mean 100 a week? that could be worth it to I suppose if you don't mind the drive.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 7:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yeah 100 for the 4 days and 5hrs each day
    Anonymous

• Baby sitting is hard work. 100 dollars just doesn't sound so great especially since the gas prices are climbing so high. I would rather just watch kids in my own home and pocket more money that way. That's just me though.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Really 2 people watching 3 kids is great money for just extra income...if your not doing anything else, and dont really NEED the money...i would jump on it..but if your seriously looking for a job and need a descent income..i probably wouldnt help. it depends on what YOUR needs are and what your willing to do. as long as you dont end up doing all the work it could be fun pretty easy money..unless theyre all under the age of 1!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• lol..yeah they are under the age of one! I am also going to have my 2 yr old daughter with me.
    SamsMom24

Answer by SamsMom24 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• were you planning on working some where else and having to put her in daycare...you may actually save a headache being able to keep your child all day! i think making 400 a month would be worth it if i wouldnt have to pay 400-500 a month in childcare alone....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• thank you for your help!
    SamsMom24

Answer by SamsMom24 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That's only $5 an hour!! That's not even min wage! I would only do it if you really wanted to help out your friend. I would not do it for the money.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009