Would you sacrifice your child?

A while back there was a question that asked if you were out with your child and someone with a gun told you to deny God or die what would you do. And most of the answers all said the same thing, I would give up my life. Personally that wasn't my answer, as my gods don't care if I deny them or not... But it made me think. It's one thing to give up your life but another to give up that of your child. To me the bigger sacrifice would be that of your child, not youself in the name of your god.

So, what would you do. If put in a situation where you were forced to choose between the life of your child or denying your God just once , what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• deny God
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't believe in a God, but if someone forced me to say I DO believe in a God or they would kill my child, then you better believe I'd say I believe.
    Nothing would take the place of the life of my child.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• There is a story in the bible about this question... Abraham was told by God to give up his son Isaac.It was just a test of loyalty.. but Abraham passed......Genesis 21-22
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Deny God, I am sure he would understand protecting a child over choosing him unequivocally.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• This is where your faith comes in..You either have faith that God is going to protect your child or you don't have faith...God knows your heart...As for myself I have faith and know that God knows my heart...So To those who will most likely "think" I'm "stupid" or cold-hearted or whatever I will not deny God...
    7257PamLaFs

Answer by 7257PamLaFs at 7:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Since I do not believe in the Bibical version of God I would do what it took to make sure that my child was safe...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• 7257- I think its great that your faith is that strong... I would not have the guts to do that.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I think to gamble your childs LIFE on "faith" is incredibly selfish.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think God would understand that if this man holding a gun to me EVEN mentioned GOD that it was a fake in his own name! So beings as the idiot with the gun really doesnt believe in God, there is no stress or unmorality in denying God then and there. Does that make sense?!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My God is bigger than anything or any circumstance. He gave me my child and has the power to intervene if He chooses or allow death. I trust my God completely and I would NEVER deny my God. I know this is hard for many of you to believe that someone would rather not deny God and allow their child's life to be at risk... but really there is no risk. God is ALL powerful and GOOD and I trust Him completely with my life and my children's life as well. Of course I would give my life in a second for my child's life, but I would NEVER deny God. I strongly recommend the book "Jesus Freaks", there are wonderful true historical stories of cases such as these.
    Anonymous