Big Foot and Trolls

Many myths from all point of the globe talk about "trolls" or Giant Hair Covered Semi-man semi- Animal creatures. Now, I was thinking. What if these stories were stories about the creature we have now come to know as Bigfoot? Again, there are stories and photos from all over the world of manlike hair coverd "ape men"

Could it all be the same thing? Your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• its just like God in my opinion...well lol not like god but the stories. So many people have the SAME stories so it only seems logical that these things are true. I think that big foot is real and the people trying to find "him" are wrong about it being an animal. I think it's probably just a hairy guy I know that sounds funny but there REALLY are people like that that are have a condition where the hair grows ALL over their body. *shrugs* just my thought...its so fun to think about it though!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you never know what's out there.. they find evidence of new life every day..

have you ever watched "destination truth".. good show.. I love the part where they were in the boat looking for some water creature, and there were crocs all around them.. and all the one guy could say to his friend as his hand is over the edge of the boat was, "Josh, just don't get me Captain Hooked"..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Heathen lore doesn't have trolls so much as giants. Giants are important. Thing is, once you read enough and pick up on context, these giants don't sound like what you'd imagine from Jack In the Beanstalk, but more like they are just a very big and very strong race of people. Like say the Neanderthals vs the Cro Magnon. A lot of the stories refer to instances where gods or men had children with giants - to the point that any one of Germanic ancestry would have this "giant" blood in their veins as much as anyone, especially royal families.

So if that's the case, it seems probable to me that many of the ancient stories referring to trolls/giants/sasquatch connect back to one of the times when there were two distinct species of man on earth (there are a few that overlap). In more recent times, half wishful thinking, and half maybe they did see some odd descendant nobody had discovered yet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have a totally different belief on these things. I feel they could be beings from a different realm. I believe there is a whole other realm (besides ours and that of spirits) where creatures like Big Foot, trolls, fairies, unicorns and the like exist. I believe that is where Lilith ended up. I know most of you will probably think I am crazy (if you don't already) but these are my beliefs.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• NP- I love that... never thought of it quite that way... I've always felt that a *cross* was quite likely- probably due to my lifelong love of the Earth series by J. Auel... lol but that was an *explanation* that had not occurred to me...

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I love the monster hunter shows - they crack me up. They make every little noise in the woods seem like some preternatural creature. "Here it comes, I've got it on film, for the first time ever! It's a..... bunny rabbit." =D I loved the one where they were in Africa, in a boat, looking for some water creature - and they see this hump in the water and they go NUTS. "There it is!" They film it, it dives - they send the film in for analysis - they get a close up. It's a hippopotamus.

The chupacabra, now - that's very interesting. They have actually found bodies. These animals look like dogs with elongated fangs and very mangy bodies. I think, myself, that they ARE mangy dogs, so mangy that they are dehydrated and low on blood. The fangs look longer because the gums have receded and more of the fang is showing. But it's interesting that they do seem to kill and drink the blood - strange - unless you are VERY thirsty
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• spiritguide - I love that! I love the unknown. And I'm often disappointed when they make it "known" Recently, two very famous photographs - one of big foot, and one of the loch ness monster - the people who created them admitted they were fake. I was very disappointed. They are like - well, santa clause, to me. Santa is real, until someone makes him unreal, and then, the spirit, the idea of it - it's still there.

Have you read Charles De Lint? His books are full of trolls, little people, fairies and elves, and set in the modern day world.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Another thing - I wonder if somewhere down the line, time might warp, or perhaps time travel DOES become a real thing. Maybe hundreds of thousands of years from now, the technology comes available. I often wonder if you took a person from medieval days and showed them a picture - or even a movie - with dragons such as we have now - if they would go back and write up the fantastical stories they have of dragons, back in that time frame. Or, what if some brought Nostradamus forward, and gave him a glimpse og the world, and told him it's history - he would be of too primitive a mindset to understand even half of it - but he could go back, and write up his prophecies...
    Yeah, I'm a nut, too. =)
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009