• In the Spotlight:

vaccines...after 17 months?

MY son just had shots a month ago I believe when should he have the next shots? The pediatrician he is at is BAD and we are switching I just wanted to know for myself so I can get them in time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 4 and 6 months they should get Dtap Hep B Polio (combo pediarix), Prevnar, Hib, and Rota.
    12 mths Varivax, MMR, and Prevnar.
    15 mths Dtap and prossibly Hep A (not required but are recommending it now)
    2 yrs second Hep A if started at 15 mths
    But after that none until they are 4 years when they will get Dtap Polio MMR and Varivax
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Getting them "early" can be bad in terms of school not accepting them, but getting them "late" is fine for his records.

I don't vax so I'm not up on the schedule, but your state health department or the CDC has the schedule charts; they are not difficult to find.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Here is a link to the CDCs vaccine chart:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/2009/09_0-6yrs_schedule_pr.pdf
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 2 4 6 12 15 24 after that no shots until kindergarten
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2009