Where did it ever say Von Brunn was right-wing - or Christian?

In a Politics question yesterday ("Why is it?" ) the question was asking why Von Brunn was being characterized by the media et al as right-wing.
There were a lot of replies which insisted he was right wing, and that he was Christian.

But the poster gave a link to a magazine article. It gave a police detail that the shooter had its address on his list (it's a right-wing magazine) and that on Von Brunn's website, "... In one essay, Von Brunn attacked "JEWS-NEOCONS-BILL O’REILLY," and the suggestion that neoconservatism is a specifically Jewish conspiracy is common on the racist fringe. ... "

And other opinions on his website show that he declared the New Testament to be hoax.

So where did these two labels of him come from? Were they just INVENTED by the first reporters? It looks like the public got hoaxed, too ... but good!

waldorfmom

Asked by waldorfmom at 8:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People would rather pretend that anti-semite = conservative rather than examine their own liberal bretheren to find the hate that lies there. If they'd ever attended a protest with a strong presence by ANSWER they'd know better.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Any conservative and Christian i've ever ever known have actually been PRO Israel.The media just has a love fest going right now is all and obviously Conservatives ain't their love lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• he took someone's life no matter IF he was a professed Christian or IF he was a proclaimed Conservative it now not an issue when he pulled the trigger his NEW label became a murderer.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• ladybug that is right but the reason it is being brought up so much is because of those who want to try and downgrade Christians and Conservatives.The thing is a Christian or Conservative hating on Israel is an oxymoron.Both tend to be pro Israel.I am glad you posted this waldorfmom.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Oh, I'm not bashing Christians or Conservatives. But the bigger picture is that there is a family out there who is mourning the lose of a family matter. I'm not trying to trivialize the things that people are saying about Conservatives and or Christians but in the grand scheme of things at the end of the day it these petty little comments from people who have nothing but negative things to spew on the regular, but that security officer is gone and it shouldn't matter if Von Brunn was a professor Smurf lover who worship Zartar the King of the 3rd moon people.

Not bashing TNmom, NP or waldorfmom.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know you weren't bashing ladybug.I didn't take it that way.I agree that he is a murderer.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• What's strange is that I don't think any group should be burdened with claiming him. He is anti-government. But then again I guess if it has to serve an agenda then they will say whatever they have to.

Anonymous

• Whenever they show the clip of the murdered man's son my heart breaks all over again. I know how it feels to lose a father at that age and my heart and prayers go to him and his family.  It's a shame that some people have no value for life and don't care what they take from others.  That man's family is changed forever, and for what?  It's such a tragedy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• All they have said is that he is a WHite-Supremicist. In other words, he is against any group or race or religion that is not white and Christian. He probably hates anyone who isn't like him . He is a sick evil person.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• every politician from the left made a point of saying "right wing extremism" playing politics with a tragedy leave it to the libs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009