• In the Spotlight:

jobs with kids...

are there any type of jobs out there (out of home) where you can bring your child with you? I have a 14 month old....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can try to get your credentials in childcare and go to work at a day care...im contemplating that one myself!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• don't most daycares require a teaching background or certification? and I haven't had experience in babysitting since I was in my teens...
    Anonymous

• careful with the daycare work. its TONS of fun, but you're with a pack of kids all day long and it tends to wear you out for your own sweet little ones. (been there!) i can't completely knock it though. it was one of my favorite jobs EVER!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• thats what "credentials" are...it doesnt take too long to get em...some places where im from its like a 6 week class and then you take a CPR class and your pretty much set...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Some larger companies have on site daycare centers. I mean BIG companies though. Other than that all I can think of is Daycare. In my area you do not have to have any credentials to work at a daycare center except if teaching Pre-K.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You don't need credentials here either other than for Pre-K and K4. My mom works at one and she just has to do two hours of "ongoing education" per year. It's in quotes because they essentially 'teach" her to sing silly songs, color, and act crazy for the kids. She also has to be CPR certified and pass a background test. Other than that... it's all good. But it is true, she comes home WIPED everyday. That's why she'd going back to school. Yep, you sooo care about that. Anywho, I just read an article about companies that allow employees to bring kids to work. But it's very slow to catch on. Maybe like... house cleaning if you did it on your own and not through a service. You could check with each client first, and let your child tag along while you clean. Maybe bring a baby backpack carrier thing....or a baby gate?
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I stay home with my kids, and sell scentsy from home, over the phone, or around the town. Never had to have sitter for kids yet thankfully.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• There are a few large companies with onsite daycare. there are a few small companies that allow you to bring your child (when my daughter was an infant , she came to work with me once ot twice a week), though a 14 month old is way too active and would interfere with working.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Don't know if you are only considering work outside the home to bring your little one with you... but I work at my own home with my 2 little ones with me! It is so much fun, I absolutely love it! It is with a comp that just recently won and award with the BBB, so it is no scam. If interested, you can check out my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to get you more info and help you out!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am a happy stay at home mom of four great kids! About 6 months ago, due to the slow down in the economy I was forced to find a way to bring in extra income. I refused to find a normal 9-5 job, due to childcare expenses and high gas prices! I finally found an incredible and completely “GREEN” wellness company, which has blessed my family in so many ways! I am able to spend quality time with my family while helping others live happier and healthier like me! If you are serious and motivated, check out my site & request info at www.familiesrok.com. Then we can discuss the details over an appointment!
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 11:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2009