Is there a natural way to clean dog puke off carpet?

My dog seems to be puking a lot lately. I come home from work and there is puke to clean up. I like to put my daughter on the floor on a blanket and I don't want her accidently putting her face in any harsh chemicals. I'd like to know a more natural way to clean up the puke!

Asked by hohaas at 3:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pets

• First and foremost - get her to the vet!
    As for natural solutions, here is what we did when my Roxy threw up a few times way-back-when. First, clean up as much as you can with a cold wet cloth. Be sure to clean up as much visible vomit as you can and then soak up as much liquid as you can. After this, mix some white vinegar with water and whatever soap you like (we use my son's Burts Bees baby wash for this since it's more natural). Mix that up and scrub it into your carpet. Then go again cleaning up as much moisture as you can. We then let this sit until it wasn't so damp and did the vinegar rinse again. Then we let that dry. After the spot was completely dry (it took a day or so) we put baking soda on it and vacuumed it up (to help with any smell that may have been left over).

I know that some people also like using Oxyclean on stains like that. You *can* do that, however I've seen it lighten carpets and so I would spot test first.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If your dog is puking everyday, you should take him to the vet.
    Clean ur carpet with laundry detergent.