How do I or should I tell him that I can't be with him because he is an alcoholic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• ...we are already done and I am pretty sure he knows that because I have cut him out of my life by not responding to his e-mails but I am not really sure if he knows why I haven't and why I can't be with him anymore.
    Anonymous

• IT DOES NOT MATTER WHY. LET IT GO FOR GOODNESS SAKES. HE KNOWS WHY. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, QUIT MAKING EXCUSES TO CONTACT HIM AND TALK TO HIM (YES i AM SCREAMING)
    Anonymous

• Simply tell him his drinking is a problem! I think that is a good enough reason and if your going to cut him off at least tell him why, so maybe for his own sake he can change his behavior. If he starts to lose things he cares about and people stop enabling him he might get the hint that he has a problem
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Good, scream some more! Maybe I will get it through my fricken head that I shouldn't contact him for ANY reason.
    Anonymous

• Tell him that when he can put his family first and the alcohol out of his life then you can see where things are at until then he needs to leave you and the child/ren out of his life. Tell him straight up that his drinking is a problem and you and the child/ren are not gonna be a part of that kind of life style he is living. He needs to leave now.
    Good Luck i hope everything works out for you and your family.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The truth will set you free.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 9:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009