Questions for single moms...

How does your child do with out a dad in the picture!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are both and if you have a male person thats important in your life maybe they could help you out with the father side of things i feel thats its really important excetionally if you have a little boy to have a male figure in there life. Good luck
    Anonymous

• My daughter doesn't know any other way. She's 15 months old and doing absolutely fantastic!
    lovepink26

Answer by lovepink26 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• She cries and misses him and doesn't understand why she can't see him. She talks to him a couple times a week and colors for him. He's been gone for a year and she's 2 1/2.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have three boys and only one of them has had the father involved- just due to circumstances. My boys have always known it this way- you just do it the best you can, you will be surprised at how much support you will get from other parents. It is hard at special occasions where it would typically be the Dad there, but, my boys have also really learned to respect women- especially single moms and what we CAN do. YOU can do it, I know it isnt ideal, but sometimes it is the best way. I am not advocating for single parenthood, but as I have said before, it is HOW you parent that makes you a good parent. My boys have also seen how strong people can be when they need to be, and are more accepting of ALL types of people in the long run. My situation would have been very dysfunctional had I stayed with their dad (s), and we have made our own definition for the word FAMILY- and it it one of the strongest words my boys and I know
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 10:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It aint easy. My fiance and I were forced to seperate due to his lay off. Our son misses him like crazy. He wont sleep. Wont eat a full meal. Cries all the time. He's only 11 months old and hasnt lived with his Daddy in 2 months. He comes by once or twice a week for an hour or so to see him. I took him to the doctor to see if he's sick but they said he just misses his Dad. Its rough. But my Momma did it and I was ok. I had contact with my Dad though.
    Anonymous

• depends on how you define single moms. like some of these single moms, their dads are still in the pic if they see them once or twice a week. my ds hasnt seen his since 3 months ago. he doesnt pay child support and just is an all out deadbeat dad. my ds hates going to see him, i'm always with him because he's so afraid of ppl and his grandmother and grandpa are there too so its really overwhelming for him. finally i just stopped going, if dad aint in the pic from the beginning, the kids reallly dont care, they may ask questions later, but it doesnt bother them like it would if they lived with their dad then all of a sudden the dad and mom seperated and they didnt get to see their dad as much. huge difference
    Anonymous