Ladies Please help me!!!!!! I am not computer savy but very interested in selling things around my house on ebay. Have anyone done this before and could this be done on a regular. I have no income and I am about to lose it. Pretty soon i will not be able to chat because of no internet. Please any suggestions for the Hammond indiana /chicago area on part time work

loyaljazz

Asked by loyaljazz at 9:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• My hubby and I sell on ebay ALL the time. If you have what people are looking for, you can make a nice income from it. I, honestly, make a GREAT income from just selling what I have around the home AND with a few other things. It is very easy to do. You can sell things on a regular basis so YES you will make money often if your stuff sells. It is worth a shot. Also, I work on a few FREE websites that brings me income as well. I make more money on these sites then I do on ebay. You can check them out and they, too, might be an option.

Http://realfreelegit.webs.com/
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• eBay works.  Just read all tabs under the Community Tab to find out things you need to know.  Also, if you'd like, I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They do contain excellent resources, ideas and links of other things you can try.  You can find them all in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    I sell scentsy, and I've seen lots of it on ebay as well.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• The best way to become "ebay savvy" is to read a lot of postings similar to what you want to sell. There is an ebay sellers group here on CafeMom with tons of great ideas.
    Here is an ebay tutorial from Freelancebyu

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Don't know if this is a route you are interested in, but I started an at home business, completely from home. It is not a lot to start, and it is with a comp that recently got an award from the BBB, so NO SCAM! People earn little income or large amounts, depends on you! If interested, you can check out my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you out!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Do you have things around the house even used clothing,furniture whatever.It costs nothing to get your license to sel at swatmeets.People buy used clothing.Look around here to rent a space it costs $10.00 the highest $45.00.I am selling all my used clothes baby clothes in great condition no stains for $1.00 each piece and a lady gave me three bags of used clothing .If I sell all of them I will make $200.00 in one day.Look around your house.I also make and sell my jewlery,and sell it that is another $100.00 in one day.Be creative.Ebay is great I sold all my textbooks on there and I made $200.00 great for all my bills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009