ok..

how would you deal with this?
theirs this girl that is a runaway, and she's hangs around our apartment complex, she's about 14/15 at most she like disappeared for about two months and then started coming around again so she knocked on my door and asked to use the bathroom, and i didnt think nothing of it, so i let her in well i was looking form y good straighting iron which cost me like 50 bucks and guess what i cant find it, she was the last person to use my bathroom and i cant seem to find it anywhere in my house so with that said.. umm... what do i do? its not robbery bcuz i let her in my house. but i can report her as a runaway but to who? and where? and what exactly do i say o that she doesnt know it was me! uhhg.. just thinking bout the situation makes my tummy hurt!! it might not seem like alot a 50 straightner but i was!!! it was my good one! uhhg

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• hunny bunch if she STOLE it is robbery its just not B&E....i would def. report her to your local police dept. she doesnt need to be hanging out like that. its not safe for her! and id be pissed to think she took it if i was nice enough to let her in my house!!! who cares if she knew it was you...shes a CHILD!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• uhhg actually its not robbery if you let them in your home.. only if they do a force entry or if they didnt have permission.. uhhhg.. i'm annoyed
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• so i just asked her about it, and she was like why would i take a straightner, but hello she was the last person in my house!!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• For her sake, report her as a runaway to the police. If she is on the streets then she may have to get into prostitution or drugs, or maybe already is. I don't know if you can report it anonymously. But a juvenile on the streets- surely the police would take care of her.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Technically, it's not robbery, but it is theft and should still be reported. Call the police and tell them that you have information about a runaway. Her parents are probably worried sick! Who cares if she knows it was you? Every year tons and tons of runaway teens are turned into sex slaves. If this girl is running around with no supervision, she might be next. It is your duty to report this information!
    Anonymous

• true but now i'm out a 50 dollar straightner!! uhhg!! i'm pissed!!!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Call the police and report the theft. Let them take it from there. As a victim you can file for victim's recovery which means you can file a claim for the $50 if they don't get it back from her. You need the police report though. Then ask the police where to file the claim. Oh and quit letting strangers in your home. Said with love

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you know i dont like to judgep people but this will teach me trust no one.. specially lil girls that have nothing better to do but steal my straighner
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It's not judging, it's protecting yourself and your home. What kind of person steals a woman's hair straightener? That's just wrong on many levels!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know your pissed that someone stole from you, and yes that does suck, but come on, its only a hair straightener, not like its a sentimental item. Report her to the cops, and tell them that she took it, but if you have confronted her about it already, she's probably tossed the straightener in the trash by now. Next time, don't let strangers in your house! Good lesson for you. Your lucky she didn't try anything else!
    Anonymous