What if someone told you..........................

that because you first daughter was mentally handicape, that your gense were bad and the baby you r now carrying is gonna be another retard so just abort the baby and save the whole family the grieve of having to deal with yet another damaged kid. My cousin mother in law told her and her own son this at her baby shower for her second baby. I told her to tell her to f**k off and to cut her out of both childrens life cause they dont need someone like that in it. What do you think?? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG thats the most hateful thing i think ive EVER heard, well maybe on my list of top tens....i agree with your advice completely...maybe add a smack in the face to boot!!! i wouldnt let a person like that within ten feet of my family...she'll regret that!!!! HATEFUL WITCH!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• oh wow, i would cursed up a storm.. and kicked her out and to my children she would be dead!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'd cut her out and prob would have slapped her!!! That's one of the WORST things you can say to someone!!! HOW HORRIBLE!!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• thats messed up :(
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I say don't invite her to the family reunions and birthday parties. That should teach her
    Anonymous

• ....well...yeah...my brother is autistic and well the kid (age wise he was an adult) who called him retarded never did it again...soooo i imagine it would go like that...I don't think I could rationally handle family calling my child retarded and telling me what I should do with my fetus. I mean if I would get in some classmates face about saying "just cuz your brother is retarded" I can't see myself being like "well okay" to someone claiming to be family. I could possibly benefit from anger management...these questions are really making me question my anger control...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• OMG...I would have ripped her a new one and told her to get the f*ck out of my house and not to call or come over again.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• why didnt she get a birth defect screening? all they do is draw your blood and do a detailed ultrasound
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I would have knocked the bitch out! Jail time would be so worth it for that.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That is horrible, I have to agree with your advice. Maybe their little girl will take longer to do things or never do some but she will be a source of great joy to anyone who cares enough to love her.
    Genetic tests can be wrong. An old neighbor of mine was told with her oldest that he would be born with severe Down Syndrome and she should abort. She refused and he is now an absolutely, perfectly normal, smart, talented 21 year old.

When I was 16 I started sitting for a family that included a 4 1/2 year old boy with MD (muscular dystrophy). I married and moved away but we stayed in touch, we moved back and his parents invited us to a picnic at their church. At this point Shane was 7 years old. His mom had told me a couple weeks earlier that he was just starting to stand with support. When I got there he was standing holding the bench and I called his name. He smiled and toddled to me. It was wonderful.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009