I need inexpensive gift ideas for fathers day....

My FIL is out of town so I need something I can BUY and ship to him, last year we got him crocs, this year we're expecting our first baby, I was out of work for several months and we have to pay a LOT to have baby, so I'm on a very tight budget. Any ideas under about $20 is good.

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• Write him a personal poem to go in the left side of the card you buy for him. It's way more personal and will tell him exactly how you feel about him. Who says we HAVE to buy a gift for Pop on fathers day? My Dad has everything he could ever want, so I write him a personal poem telling him what he means to me., and how he enriches my life. Trust me it beats the heck out of any "gift" I could buy at a store.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Grandfather Remembers book which is a journal for Grandfather's to give to their grandchildren (since you said you were expecting a baby). Very inexpensive, can be ordered on line and shipped directly to him with a note. See it along with other father's day ideas here  http://www.cjkidz.com/Fathersday.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Make him a homemade card with (if you've an extra one) ultrasound pic. Something personal and sentimental maybe add a few pics of his son as a young boy. Let him know you are thinking of him on "his day" and the rest of the year too...I am kinda in the same situation as you, and when you're put on the spot so to speak I know it's hard to come up with ideas. Good Luck though! I am sure whatever you come up with he'll abso love it!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2009