Is there anything in particular I shouldn't eat??

I'm nursing and I like to eat a lot of different things but I've been wondering what could bother my baby's stomach because I can never get too much information on the subject.

shiasmommy41209

Asked by shiasmommy41209 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.kellymom.com has loads of breastfeeding information. Basically you can eat whatever you want unless you notice your child has issues such as rahes or vomiting but it's not that common. If you do notice a problem you would simply follow an elimination diet until you found the culprit.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I found that anytime I ate something that made me burp alot (cucumbers) or gave me gas (beans) my baby would have the burpies or the farties! LOL
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Not really, you should just keep an eye on you baby when you eat something new.
    I found that my son can't tolerate t when I eat too many hot wings lol.
    Every baby is different.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Some babies have issues with mom taking in dairy others caffiene or sugar, mine would get gassy if I ate gassy foods. Moonlover gave a great resource for everything related to breastfeeding. For the most part eat what you want and if you see baby react then start keeping a food diary. My doc said that what I ate would be in my breastmilk within the next 2 hours so if baby got an upset tummy or something then look at what I ate 1-2 hours before!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009