Did anyone have really bad nightmares during pregnancy?

I keep having horrible nightmare almost every night. Do you think it is because of me being depressed? And the fact that I am so scared of being a bad mom?

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 10:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES!!! I had horrible nightmares that were so real about me dying and nobody around to take care of DD, aliens attacking and eating her while she was alive, etc. They continued a few weeks PP until all my hormones were more evened out.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i doubt u willl be a bad mom but since u have that fear ur dreams are just lettin it out so to say..i have horrible dreams with this baby and this is my third..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I had horrible dreams when I was pregnant with my son and this pregnancy also. When I was pregnant with my son, Hubby was overseas in Iraq and I always had nightmares that he died. This pregnancy I have nightmares of ghosts and demons. Also, I had a dream last night that Hubby cheated on me. I have had a few of them this pregnancy, but I try not to let them worry me because I know Hubby would never do anything like that.

It is normal to have bad dreams. Just try to relax as much as you can. Also, everyone worries that they are going to be a bad Mom, but you wont be. It will all come to you natural.

I am afraid that I am going to spend more time with our little girl and our son will feel left out and hate me. But I know I have to take some time out and spend with just our son and let him help out with things and such. Its normal to worry like I said, everyone does, but after the baby is here you will see everythng will be ok
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 10:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm 33 weeks prego and I have crazy but scary dreams. My dreams really dont make sense and mean nothing but I'm always frightened in them. I never have dreams about my kids tho, weird huh?
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• it's normal to have strange dreams when you're preg. i have weird dreams anyway and lucid dreams sometimes times, now that i'm preg they are even stranger.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm 25 weeks and I've been having them my whole pregnancy so far. I thought something was wrong, but from my research it's completely normal. All the hormone changes and up coming life changes cause most of it. I would have horror dreams that had people dying and lots of blood and then the next night I would have bizarre dreams that make absolutely no sense at all. It's normal. Surprisingly you will probably get used to it. They don't even phase me anymore b/c it happens ever night.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yeah it's normal some what from what I heard. I've been haveing pretty vivid horrible dreams during pregnancy. But then I got tired of it and started to keep a dream journal and search specific meanings of the dreams. Turns out that my dreams were telling me that I'm scared of being a single mom or that I am going to go through a lot of changes or that I feel that I'm not being good enough for my life.
    Ggss2020

Answer by Ggss2020 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i have had some weird dreams.. i dont remember most.. one sticks out in particular.. but to make sure its clear so you can understand why its weird... the babys father and i are not together. nor are we on speaking terms. and honestly i cant really stand him.. and you also must know that i am a HUGE hOUSE MD fan. i study infectious diseases which is what house specializes in. i find the show very amusing and interesting... but anyways.. my dream::

I had a dream one night this past week that I had gone to the hospital while in labor (i am going on 16 weeks pregnant) and the baby's father had shown up and was acting all concerned and crap.. and i was getting aggravated at him and being aggravated at him cause me to have the energy and rage to take on the natural birth. Right after I had given birth to a beautiful baby girl.. Dr House walked in.. while i am still spread on the table. I was soo embarassed but he walked over..
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ..past me and smiled like he always does and head straight over to my baby's father. With his limp and cane.. he starts to look infuriated and starts wacking my baby's father with his cane! He was also yelling at him and asking him why he said the hurtful things he did about me and the baby and why he was there now! At first I was in awe and then i started laughing my butt off! IT was the greatest thing ever. with oh so wonderful daddy lying in the corner unconcious against the wall.. Dr House walked over and picked up my baby girl and brought them to me and said you can do it. you dont need him.. and said i had a beautiful baby and life is about to get better. then i woke up. I was like OMG THAT WAS AWESOMEEE. lol weird i know.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2009