What do 13/14 year old tomboyish girls like?

My 13 year old SIL is staying with us for a couple of weeks and I'm unsure of things to do with her. I know she's into pokemon and anime.

lizzeh

Asked by lizzeh at 10:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• That age is hard no matter what! Their friends are so important to them that anything with an adult is "boring". I would do movies, waterpark, amusement park stuff. Maybe even a comic book store for the anime fix. My teen loves to go out to eat to "cool" places like hot wings, sushi and places like Joes Crab Shack...
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i would definitely try the water park..its HOTTT here! umm, book stores are still pretty interesting for what shes into, i know two teenage boys that have spent HOURS at our bookstores for the last few years..their oldest sister would take them every saturday! and they spent the day reading..thats also a pretty cool thing if you dont have the money to really buy her things...umm, ask her if she has anyfriends...maybe you could let her have a friend stay the night once or twice...makes things easier on you....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• A cool how to draw manga book would be nice, with some nice paper and some drawing pencils.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• She doesn't know anyone, but us. I'm trying to get friends with younger teenaged siblings to hang out with.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 11:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I would say when she gets there ask her what she likes to do, and go and do some of those things with her to make her feel special?
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Mine likes to go to the beach; there are usually groups of teens she can probably hang with.
    If you are in the Chicago area, contact me; I have a 13 year old girl

Answer by rkoloms at 1:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Do something active...an amusement park, an arcade, a place where kids can race go carts. Kids at that age also like to go to movies, eat out, and visit the mall. Hide your apprehension from her and act like you think each day with her is a fun chance to do something new.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009