Did anyone else have bad depressions when they were pregnant?

ever since I was about 2 months along I had been having bad depressions off and on. it had gotten so bad inbetween that I was thinking about suicide.
it has gotten better but I still have these outbrakes inbetween where I just cry and want to hurt myself. I know better but it is still a problem where I feel bad.

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 10:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been having depression issues since I started high school. Though never once did it make me act on wanting to hurt myself. The first couple months of my pregnancy was the hardest with depression, since I've gotten to about 3 1/2 to 4 months it's gotten better. I wouldn't suggest anti-depressants unless absolutely needed, pregnant or not. I found that they only made things worse for me. I've found that writing thoughts down and things that I've done through out the day in a journal or word format helps a lot. Just letting that emotion out and maybe dealing with it or being able to acknowledge it's there and then be able to set it aside helped soo much! It is very hard to deal with when no one knows what it's like. I know getting out and taking walks helped a lot to when the weather was nice. Email me or anything if you want to talk, no judgment here just a helpful hear and a shoulder.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• im sorry you feel that way i felt some depression around 20 weeks but i talked about it with my husband and cried it out and felt much better after just talking about it..have you told your doctor about this? they can give you anti depressants while your pregnant so you feel better and dont do anything you wouldnt want to do. you really need to tell your doctor about it because it's rather common to feel that way and they can help you.
    Anonymous

• yes did talk to my doctor but I refused meds! I am very natural and try not to take medication that isnt abselutly nessesary!
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 11:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009