MOM issue with babyshower HELP!!!!

So me and my mom have never got along and she wanted to finally try to be a good mom and plan my babyshower...so it was weird cuz I dont get along with her but I just let her try and do this one thing for me...

So I asked her to clean her house because it gives me a headache and she started to cuss me out for no reason...so i told her that she needs to watch her mouth when she talks to me and so she didnt and she continued to cuss me out so I told her to not plan my babyshower and stay out of my life...

Now she's all pissed and shes annoying me but I dont understand whys she thinks shes entitled to plan my babyshower and be in my life if all she has dont is treat me like Im trash yet she expects me to act like her and act like everything is okay

any advice? I dont want her in my babies life and havent since I foundout that I was pregnant but I tried to give her a chance and she blew it so Im done

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• My mom is the same way. I finally just told her how I felt and washed my hands of her. It's a sad situation but you have to do what is right for you and your family. My mom did nothing but put me down and bring me down. I didnt want my kids seeing me upset all the time and hearing my mom and me into it. So I dont go around her, we dont speak. It's easier that way. I have what's important right here at home with me. Just raise your children how you werent and love them :) Best of luck, sorry you go through that with your mom.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 10:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If you dont want her in your childs life, you dont need advice...shehas no legal right to yourchildren...she treats you like crap and thats not healthy for your child to be around..leave your mom alone. after your baby is born her attitude might change..maybe not..wont really change you any...your all the baby needs to focus on anyway!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• As much as fighting families make me sad... you gotta do what you gotta do! I would advise you to calmly tell her one more time that you no longer wish to speak with her. Write a letter if you prefer and explain WHY. If she still tries to contact you, ignore her or pick up and simply say "I don't want to speak with you right now" and hang up without waiting for a response. Even if she is your mother, you have to earn love and respect from someone. If she can't or won't do that, then you have to take care of yourself and your child. If she ever does get to that point with counseling or something...or you hear that she's now a decent human being from a family member...then perhaps give her another shot. But make her earn it. Good luck and congrats on your baby!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• So what is your question?
    Anonymous

• Honest I think all moms can be a pain in the ass occasionally but you told her uh 'clean your house lady it gives me a headache.' And 'watch your mouth when you talk to me.' People usually get the kind of relationships they want whether they realize it or not. If you talk to your mother like she's the trashy lady that lives next door she's not exactly going to react by acting like mama of the year. Something to think about. Moms are humans too. lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 11:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009