dating.

My daughter is 15, and she has a boyfriend. He is a nice and sweet boy and I can trust them. They occasionally go to movies, I'd say once a week but she wants to be with him way more often! How often should I let them hang out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The more often they are together, the faster they are more likely to move. You decide do you want to be a grandmother or not.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• At 14 i was dating a guy, and we were together almost 24/7. We were in different classes except one (he was a grade higher) He'd drive me home from school, he would even go out of his way to drive clear across town to pick me up in the morning to take me to school (which ment him getting up an hour earlier). He was at my house till 10 or later, depending on when his mom called for him to come home. He would of lived with me if his mom had let him(mine was ok with it). I would say try 3-4 times a week. But tell her if she see's him more often, you expect her to keep her grades up. Do it on a trial basis, even if its them hanging out at your house.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• vigiron.............how old were you when you started having sex and how old were you when you got pregnant?
    Anonymous

• Just because they hang out more, doesn't mean there going to be messing around as staceynoel stated. It all depends on the teens. Don't get me wrong i was sexually active at that age, but i was also on birthcontrol and used condoms. If you and your daughter have a good line of communication, and she respects and understands your wishes that you would like her to wait, she most likely wont be a teen mom.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i was 12 when i lost my virginity, but i was raped. I was 14 when i did it willingly. I got pregnant for the first time at 19 (a few months before i was 20)
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• forgot to add, i was also married when i got pregnant. My sons dad divorced me when i was 4 months pregnant, and left to a different state. We had been together 2 years, married for 4 months when i got pregnant.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ok mom, vgiron.........is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It is only common sence that the more time they spend together the quicker they will move.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Not trying to argue here, but there are ways teens who don't spend more time together can still move as fast, and be having sex anyways. I had friends who weren't allowed to see there bf more then once a week, and the lied about where they were going or who they were going to be hanging out with just to see there bf, and they were doing things. Ya i did mess around at a young age, but i was also being responsible and using protection to make sure i didn't get pregnant. I figures since i wasn't a virgin, it wouldn't be a big deal that i did it, its not like it was something special anymore for me.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 11:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i completely agree with vgiron. it doesnt matter how much time they spend together, theyre gonna do what they want. let them spend more time together. i got prego at 16, but it wasnt cuz mom let me see muh bf alot. she forbid me to see him ever or even talk to him (he wasnt bad.. that we knew at the time. he was older than me n that was a no no). let them hang out more. if mom had let me hang out, i GUARANTEE you we wouldnt have had sex. at least not as soon as we did. mom stopping us made me sneak him into the house juss so we could see each other. now dont freak out with what were tellin u n not let ur daughter out at all. this isnt to freak u out, its to make u chill out a lil more.
    shes a teen. she needs a lil more social time. this is a crucial time in her life.
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 3:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• DO NOT LISTEN TO THE TEEN MOMS ON HERE OR THE ONE WHO HAD SEX AT AN EARLY AGE. They should not be answering this question, they are very poor examples and you don't want your daughter to end up like them. These kinds of people should not be answering questions on cafemom, although it is fine if they want to ask a question. I just don't think that they should be giving their distorted opiions to anyone, they are obviously poor role models to teenagers. Like I said before limit the time with your daughter and her boyfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009