do you think

it is stupid to get your husbands name tattooed on you?

i want to get my husbands and my daughters name on me...

i am very scared to but the pain is worth it..me and my husband have had a very bad past but things have changed so much with me and him and i have never been so close to him..he ask me to renew our vowels and i told him yes..he is going to get my name on him after we do it...

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well... i wanted to put my hubby's initials on me... and he says to wait a little bit... BUT he got my name tattooed on his wrist!??! I have my dd's name. Where would you put it!? I always figure you can cover it up with something else if it's little enough and something does happen.
    Anonymous

• All my husband's had my name tattooed on them and now they wish they didn't. LOL All are ex's and they can't get me to fade away or cover me up!!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Addie, you're funny. "All my husbands"....who are you really, Elizabeth Taylor? hehe.
    So many people frown on tattooing names because so many relationships go by the wayside. Honey has my Gaelic name tattooed on his upper arm. It's very pretty, and was a surprise to me. Tattoo's can be sort of addicting! I have 2. I'm getting ready for a 3rd. I am pretty sure it'll be done in 2 parts. I'll have the picture that I want, but I think I'll be getting Honey's nickname within a saying, in Gaelic, around the picture.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• my mom had her 2nd husbands name on her breast, then had to go through the pain of having it covered up. kinda ironic cuz the tatoo guy that did the name was like DONT DO IT! its bad luck they dont last blah blah blah..and he was right...i say make a family symbol..or do something that stands for him..that way he can still feel special and itll be okay if you guys dont make it..NOT WISHING THAT ON YOU!!! but just a thought..im gonna design a family tat and my SO and i are going to get it together...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yeah it's bad luck. My brother and uncle had wives, gf's names tattooed and they all went south. Do something to for him instead. Like if he likes sailing get an anchor, or compass rose.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Names are never a good idea when it comes to tatoos, unless they belong to your kids, parents, or loved ones who have passed.
    Anonymous

• Don't do the husbands name unless it's done where it can be covered up
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009