do pagans and athiest understand why some think they are off their rockers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, but its usually because of misinformation or holier than thou's that cause that to be so.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Of course. Everyone has different opinions about religion and spirituality. That's what makes the world a diverse and amazing place. But don't be too eager to point fingers... many people who are pagan/atheist/agnostic find it just as difficult to believe the Christian way. The key is to be tolerant of any viewpoint. I personally am atheist, but I have very much respect for anyone who has a firm system of belief, as long as it is not pushed on me. I am eager to learn how others believe, but if I want to know, I'll ask. :) I live in the bible belt (South Carolina), so it can be aggravating walking down the street downtown and being "preached to" by evangelicals. I guess my point is, think what you want to about other systems of belief, but keep it to yourself unless asked. I have found people are much more tolerant than one would think when approached with tolerance and acceptance.
    FilteredThought

Answer by FilteredThought at 10:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm a Christian, and I can see how some people can think a Christian is off their rocker.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I am a pagan and I think that jehovas witness is of their rocker and other christians.They come knock on my door or I am trying to get in my car and I told one lady I do not belive in what she belives and she flipped out .I swear ,If she got near me again and told me things I was going to punch her in the face.No way am I ever going to ever knock on someones door or make them listen to me or call them names like other religons do.
    Anonymous

• Yes, for the same reason we think you are.
    Anonymous

• Yes... only bc of misunderstandings of the beliefs or lack of.
    I have honestly had a friend (with no offense) laugh bc I believe the way I do bc she honesly has never heard of someone believing in such a way... I was not nor am I offended what people think, it is when they start coming after me or any of us non christians with a bible and trying to bash us over the heads with them to make us convert or change our way of thinking that gets unnerving at times...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No, I have no idea why using logic is seen as crazy.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• did you send the troll into the dugeon of the other question treeky?
    Anonymous

• Well I don't know if anon 23 is the OP but I just came back here to say that I just spotted the other post so this one makes sense now.

Anonymous