ADT or Brinks?

Trying to decide on a home monitoring alarm system. any thoughts or suggestions on these two companies?

MHaney1980

Asked by MHaney1980 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Never had either. We went with a local company. Way better system and cheaper monitoring.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• brinks is the best
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We live in a rural area and neither Brinks or ADT offered service in our area. This was several years ago so maybe that has changed by now. We ended up going with a local company and while I'm happy with their service I am not thrilled that every year their monthly monitoring fees go up. Plus adding new parts is ridiculously expensive. For example we no longer use our home phone for anything but the alarm system and to put in some box so the alarm can go through our cell phones instead is like $500. Crazy. So my advice is ask them if their fees go up yearly and be absolutely sure that you have all the component installed at once.
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 11:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We've been on Brinks for years and have been very happy with the service.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I recently was looking too. We ALMOST went with ADT, but there seemed to be more negative feedback on them than Brinks, atleast what I could find. and after asking, 2 of our neighbors were ADT customers who changed to Brinks. So were going with Brinks.
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• we have Vector and love it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009