Birthing balls.... anything just as effective?

Don't say sex, I know that sex can work very well.

I'm due today, and I have an induction set up for Thursday. I really want to go into labor on my own, and I've heard about bouncing on birthing balls and such but I don't have a birthing ball/athletic ball and was wondering is there any exercise or something that has the same affect?

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why are you being induced? You have plenty of time. Geez...just relax and let your body do it's thing. If it's not ready for labor not even an induction can bring it on. That's why FTM who are induced have a 50% chance of c-section.
    Anonymous

• Excuse me? That was kind of rude.
    If I got farther than 41 weeks baby will get too big and I'll HAVE to have a c-section because I was a big baby and I was born on time. If you're going to be rude instead of answer my question, don't bother posting at all!
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 11:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I did squats with my middle child. I would just stand holding a chair and bend my knees until I was squatting as far as I could go. I just did them whenever I remembered, and did 6-10 at a time. Make sure to relax your belly and let the baby come down.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Thank you [:
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 11:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Walking for about an hr or 2 a day. my mom did it and it brought her labor on sooner. her EDD was june 5 and delivered june 2. so its definitely worth a shot. and with her walking and breathing by the time she got to the hospital she was 6 cm dilated and labor was only a few hrs. so good luck!! hope i helped and congrats!!
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2009