Question for someone who sells Mia Bella/ and someone who sells Scentsy...

I am curious....What is your company's policy on competitive selling? For example: If you sell Scentsy, will they let you sell Mia Bella, Gold Canyon, etc..... I have had this issue come up w/ a prospect and would like to know...
I don't need to know about GC...I already know their policy...I am only asking so that I can full inform this prospect of the policy.

Thanks in advance...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• You would probably have to read each contract again to find out the correct answer, everyone is different.
    usmcvalle

Answer by usmcvalle at 1:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• That is why I am asking someone who sells it....I don't sell Mia Bella or Scentsy so I don't have access to their manuals....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I do believe it is against Scentsy policy to sell another competitors product. I am with PartyLite and looked into Scentsy because the products i believed were different and was told because they both have wax products it would not be in the best interest of either company.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am a scentsy consultant director and it is against Scentsy policy to sell related candle business products. However, you can sell tastefully simple, wild tree, avon, etc.
    Sherri Burton
    www.cinciwickless.blogspot.com
    simplysherrio

Answer by simplysherrio at 10:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I know I'm a bit late on this question...but I'll answer anyway. I sell Mia Bella's and since it's my own business and not relates to any other..I can sell anything else I want as well. The only problem I can see from selling more than 1 candle is maybe spreading yourself to thin and not being able to focus on either compay products enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2009

• I am not doing Scentsy but a new company with soy wickless candles, soy candles and soap. I like the soy better than the paraffin for sure! We also have very competitive pricing get 40% commissions on sales and 40% product discounts on already low prices!

It's so awesome! No sales quotas! Send me a message for more info. They have less than 100 reps can't get any more ground floor than that!
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 12:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I am an Indepedent Director for Scentsy and have been with the company since April, 2008. If you are interested in seeing the terms I would be happy to send them to you if you send me your email address. In a nutshell, the policy states "You may not participate in other Direct Selling ventures (including party plan, network marketing and multilevel marketing) whose primary product line/offering compete with Scentsy, including but not limited to candles, scented wax, home fragrance or ceramic warmers."
    MeltaScent

Answer by MeltaScent at 9:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2009