When did your baby/child start to walk??

mommieof4girlz

Asked by mommieof4girlz at 4:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• some as early as nine months, some as late as fifteen months . . . it has a lot to do actualy with baby weight, the bigger the baby, the harder it seems for them to learn to balance all of themself! LOL! my babies all learned right around their first birthday, the latest being my oldest who got little floor time - 13 months. I learned that floortime is key for working the muscles needed for walking and crawling.
    thegoddessofwit

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 5:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It completely depends on the child. My son started trying to walk around 9 months and by ten or so he was walking pretty well. And prior to that at 8 months he started climbing on the couch
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• both of my boys walked at 15mo. Both thin kids. They had lots of floor time but yeah 15mo for us
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My ODD walked at 13 mos, DS walked at 14 mos and LO didnt walk until 18 mos. She is a tiny little thing in all ways and they think that had something to do with it.
    mom23peanuts

Answer by mom23peanuts at 7:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My oldest walked at 10 and a half months and my youngest took his first steps at 11 and a half months but really didn't walk much until he was about 13 months.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My oldest at 8 months; my youngest, at 13 months, hasn't walked yet. DS1 was motivated, DS2 not at all motivated. They have totally different personalities.
    lunasmom

Answer by lunasmom at 8:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son was just before his first birthday and my daughter just after her first birthday.
    talbertchica2

Answer by talbertchica2 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Between 9 and 15 months
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Mine were 14 months old. They are twins and started about the same time. My niece was a week shot of 9 months old. There is a large "normal" range, so if the pediatrician says all is well don't stress about it. (I say that because I was starting to when mine didn't walk as early as my friends kids did).
    Krowla

Answer by Krowla at 7:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My 4 yr ol was walking at 11 months and my lil adventerous 27 month old was walking at 8 months.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2008