I do not want to give my baby all vaccinations! Which ones should you absolutely get?

I have a 21 month old who has had all of his vaccinations. He's now autistic and always had a fever and was miserable for days after his vaccines. I am not putting the one that I am pregnant with thru that. I've done alot of research and I know they can do without the hepitis b because the only way they can get that is thru a blood transfusion or swapping blood. I know that Pneumonal conjucate is important to get but are there any other ones that I should get? I just want to get the ones that actually have a purpose!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• almost all children are miserable and fever after vaccinations. I advise to them all done. Remember schools no longer allow children in without all their shots. Please research before making a final decision.

Little hint.....about an hour before their vaccination, give them a dose of tylenol. Then every four hours after that, if fevering, rotate baby motrin and tylenol.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Please don't take this as rudely but if you had really done a lot of research than you wouldn't be asking this question. We no longer vaccinate at all, and trust me this is a decision that you will take A LOT of crap for. You need to be informed enough to stand behind it 150% and back it up if need back. Do some more reading. :)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• *if need be, not if need BACK
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• when i say i've done alot of research i meant on the ingredients on different vaccines. some have something that has to do with mercury but it seems like those are the important ones and yes your kids still can enter schools without vaccines, you just have to fill out a form stating why you didnt vaccinate and in my state they allow for personal reasons. i know i'll get alot of crap for it but back in my day 21 years ago, we didnt get that many vaccines and we've turned out fine. i guess i'm really asking is if i just shouldnt vaccinate at all and if its that important, which ones to give?
    Anonymous

• also i gave my ds tylenol and it didnt do anything! so thats why im saying i dont want to give unless i absolutely have to
    Anonymous

• They do allow kids in school without vaccinations. There is a special form you have to fill out and if there is chicken pox going around then you have to keep your kid home. I personally vaccinated my kids but it's the parents decision and they shouln't take crap for not doing it. I did worry after every vaccination about it causing autism (while I'm still convinced it does) but in my heart felt it was the right thing to do. I had the chicken pox when I was 16 and it was horrible. There are certain vaccines that my kids won't get, like the one for HPV and the one for Menengitis. They are to new and my kids won't be experitmented on.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I personally do not believe that vaccinations cause autism. I work with adults with disabilities, many of which are autistic. I have gotten all of my sons vaccinations. Just about every child will get a fever and grouchy after getting shots. My son did great after his last dose of his 6 month ones. I picture it as autism is not the end of the world. And even if for say my child were to have it, it is still better than the alternative. Without getting the vaccinations you are putting your child at risk of getting horrible life threatening diseases, and then also putting other children, and adults at the same risk of it spreading. Please think about this before you decide that possible death is better than a fever, or a disability.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• vaccines DO NOT cause autism...you sound like you need to do more research...or maybe you have since you think your kids autism is from the shots...its not....seriously, just research and see what the benefits -vs- the risks are and make your OWN decision...people should NOT make that decision for you....BTW....I think they should ALL be done....there are many still very active diseases that are out there...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Both of my children have had all their vaccines. But with my second I have followed Dr. Sears schedule that spreads them out. This cut back on the fevers and crankiness big time with him. I will be following that schedule again with #3. If you haven't yet I would check out his book or at least his delayed schedule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• if the vaccinations were bad for children, doctors wouldnt push it so hard that they should get them. they can potentially save your childs life as oppose to them catching something and possibly dying from.
    smurfm14

Answer by smurfm14 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2009