Do you every sale things on Craigslist?

Like actually get it sold! i have had so much stuff on there that we do not need and it just seems to not be going anywhere!!!! i am so frustrated!

firsttimemommy

Asked by firsttimemommy at 11:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to sell tons and make good money at it. The problem with Craigslist right now is all of the crime that is going on involved with the site. There have been dozens in the past month or so and I think its scared people off from buying and selling on the site. After the young pregnant lady a few days ago contacted a girl on there about baby clothes and that mom murdered the pregnant girl and cut the baby out of her I think that was pretty much the icing on the cake for a lot of people. If you do get it sold please be safe. Meet in public and only accept cash! Good luck! Maybe after the upset of the rapes and the murders from the site go down ppl will start buying again! Sorry if that was TMI I was just trying to explain why ppl aren't buying from there right now.
    Anonymous

• yea i have heard about that but it didnt really cross my mind thanks mama!
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 11:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We've sold several items on there. We never have someone come to our home though, we meet in public places as the PP mentioned. Maybe try reposting the ad every week...? We've had to do that a few times. Lower the price some? Or, with summer here now, if you have enough things you could put it in a yard sale. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I have sold a ton of stuff on craiglist but not for much money. it sucks but any buck counts
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We sale tons of stuff on there. It's a great way to advertise too. Need some yard work. There is always someone looking to make some extra cash. What better than hiring a cute college guy to come cut your grass : )
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I sell lots of stuff on Craig's List. I recommend using the search function to see what other people have listed similar items for in the past. You also might end up reposting a couple of times, but don't do it every day - that's just going to annoy people.

PICTURES SELL!! People skip over ads that don't have photos, even if you're just posting a link to the manufacturer's photo of the item (please note that, though).

Be complete in your description so people really know if they want to put forth the effort, but do not bad-talk your item beyond what's necessary to accurately reflect the state of the item.

Don't lie. Don't say something's in excellent used condition if it looks like 3 generations of babies has used it as a teething ring.

Good luck!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009