I had a statue of Mary in the yard of the new house I moved into...

this happened a while ago, but I'm curious. The previous owners left her behind. Small, white, plaster of paris statue. I personally didn't want her there - I'm not Christian, myself. However, I do respect the Christian faith, so I couldn't just pitch her in the trash. I put her in the back of the garage, and when I moved again, I left her there. What should I have done with her?

TortisShell

Asked by TortisShell at 11:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think leaving it there was fine. Afterall it wasn't yours to begin with. You could have given it to a church or something...I'm sure they would have had a place to put her...but either way I think it was very respectful of you to not just throw it in the trash. Who knows...the new owners might love it!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
    or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
    or that is in the earth beneath,
    or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exodus 20:4
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• bury her in the front yard :0 or mail her to me cause i want one lol or just leave her there would be fine as well.
    Anonymous

• so to answer your question if i was there it would have been in the trash its against the bible
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• uhm so is mary ini heaven hinson? Do you have an image of your dead greaet grandma, mom or dad?
    Anonymous

• Nope i sure DONT :) its against the bible
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I would have probably asked my MIL. She's Catholic, and would probably have had a good suggestion.

But, I think you did right.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• then so is George washington LOL I guess all of America is going to hell LOL
    Anonymous

• OP... don't freet over Hinson's remarks...
    since you were not using her or anything leaving her was just fine, you never know the family that moved in afterwards may have liked the find...
    I would not worry over it... and Hinson... I really don't think the OP commented any sin by doing so...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think leaving it there was fine. But I do admire your respect for other religions! Good job mama!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009