Why am I not allowed to love my child?!

I love my son more than anything. He's the sweetest baby ever. I love his big brown eyes, his bubbly smile, and his soft pink lips. He's perfect. But his dad won't let me love him. Whenever I brush his 7 little teeth, his dad flips out and says I don't love him because he doesn't like his teeth brushed and a brush them anyway. If I act all lovey with my son, his dad tells me I don't love him and that I'm BSing it. He tries to guilt me out of holding our son. Having someone tell me I don't love my own child hurts me and makes it harder for me to grow close to him. He mocks me whenever I talk baby talk to him or goof around with him. Please help me!!! I can't live with this emotional hurt anymore. I'm sick of him acting like I don't deserve to have my son!!!!!!!!!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow.... sounds like your DH has some issues he needs to resolve. maybe he is jealous of the bond you have with your son, he might not feel it like you do. You should really talk to your DH about why he is doing this to you. It's not fair to make you feel guilty for loving your baby!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sounds like he's jealous. Nothing more attractive than a grown man being jealous of a defenseless baby. Get him some help or get out.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sounds like your DH is jealous. The things he is saying and doing are very hurtful and I would say that if talking to him about it doesn't change anything, maybe he needs to go to counseling. That is not normal husband/father behavior. He should be very supportive of the relationship between his son and his son's mother! You need to listen to supportive words and stop allowing his behavior to make you feel badly. You are being a good mom, and of course you love your son and deserve him!
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 11:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think your man has some issues honey,do you really want that kind of stress? i know i don't
    Anonymous

• Well, first off- don't believe what he is saying or let it into your heart, b/c it obviously isn't true. Second, he seems to have problems, and for some reason wants to hurt you. THAT is the issue that needs addressing. Personally, I would take baby and move home or with a relative for awhile (because I could not take that emotional abuse), and then work on the marriage and his issues.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• OMG..all I can say is that man is seriously disturbed and I would get far away from him. If he's this jealous now, what happens when the kid wants to start talking to you and following you everywhere. Get this man some help, and get away from there
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• all of the above! oh and dont take this wrong, just trying to be helpful, talking baby talk is not good for babys speech development. it's better to talk to them like you would a grown up, but you can use a sweet, calm voice. it sounds like your husband is abusive, please talk to him about how he's making you feel, or suggest counseling, ASAP. you're doing the right thing by brushing his teeth, even if he acts like he doesnt like it, it must be done so his teeth dont rot. if things dont get better soon you might want to think about leaving him or kicking him out, anyway, good luck, i hope things get better.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• leave him. period it's not going to work out so why delay it all you're doing is missing out on mom and baby bonding because this guy is a real asshole. You are going to be treated like shit as long as you act like a victim.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You always complaining about how awful and mean he is and how you hate him. Leave him already and get on with making your life a happy one with you r son. Sorry not trying to sound mean but I have seen you ask thing like this before and it just seems like you like the attention or you would have left this loser already. I recall you said he smacked you before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Tell him to fuck off. Period.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2009