do you go around asking people at the park

'is your kid vaxed? no? okay.' and then dont let your kid play with that kid? lol i was reading something that some ladies were talking about they dont let their (vaxed) kids play with unvaxed kids and im thinking 'how does that even get brought up?' like are you at the laundry mat folding your underwear like 'so did you vaccinate your children?' i'm really curious and i think people are funny. i'm a sociology major this stuff is interesting to me :p

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would never ask another mother that, that is their personal choice and it not like it is really gonna affect your kid if they play with someone who has different views or their parents do it expands horizons! =]
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If the kids are vaxed why can't they play with the nonvaxed kids? Aren't they less likely to get the disease?
    Anonymous

• Sorry, that should say aren't they less likely to get the disease because they were vaccinated against getting it?
    Anonymous

• i dont know i vax my son and at playdates the vaxing question never gets brought up, so when i read in a group that there are mothers who dont let their vaccinated children play with unvaccinated children i was wondering how you would know lol.
    Anonymous

• lmfao>>>> why would it even be an issue of letting or not letting them play together. I would never ask that question because it doesn't matter to me, if they chose to vac. or not. Its not going to affect my kids. :P
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• What are they going to do when they send those kids to school? I can send my unvaxed daughter to public school. She even goes to daycare.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• what is the purpose of this question??

as far as vacs. go, if i KNOW a child is not vacced i wont let them play with my son... as far as random kids at the park, i am still careful with that because u don't know what they got... lice, or whatever... no thanks...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I always thought that argument was funny.. not to let your kids play with unvaxxed children! There are so many unvaxxed children you don't know so your child surely is in contact with unvaxxed children more often than you know off.. My dd is not vaxed and I have never had a mother asking me about th vax status of my child before they could play.. If it comes up I will tell that dd is not vaxed but it usually doesn't.. Also if my child is sick I don't let other kids come over or have her go to other peopels houses or the playground and in my opinion vaxed or not sick children should stay home..
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 12:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• JuLiAnSmOmMy317 what is the purpose of this question??

So doy you have your kid wrapped in a bubble or what? I mean seriously, how can you know who has lices or whatever and not only children carry things if you go to the store or where ever you go someone could have something that your kid has a possibility of catching..
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 12:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yeah, i'm not so worried about the older vaccinated kids getting sick, its what they're bringing home to a newborn who doesn't have the option to be vaccinated yet. its not about the kids "being in a bubble" its about keeping potentially life-threatening illnesses away from newborns and the elderly and other at-risk groups.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 1:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2009