am i being over protective

our birthdays are on the 22nd, our anniversary the 23rd...so we decided we wanted to go out on a date the saturday prior to celebrate...dothings we havent done in forever...dinner, movie together alone...maybe hit up a bar or two to dance a little like we used to years ago when we first met.

the babysitter offered for us to drop our daughter off and let her spend the night (she is 2.5 yrs old) my husband said y ippee and thats that..but im paranoid. she's a good sitter and a good mom but going to bed in my house an dmy kids not here...i have never done that..im not sure how comfortable i amwith this.not sure ifit would be scary for my daughter. she would be with the sitter and her toddler and sleep in that toddlers room. i am being paranoid over nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe a little but normal!!! go out and have a great time you can always check in=]
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 11:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i mean call and check in lol
    firsttimemommy

• It really depends on how long the sitter has been working for you & how comfortable you are with her. I know I really worried the first time I left my kids overnight but they survived it fine. I think the other things is either be available by cell phone or leave the name of the restaurant & be ready to cut the night short if DD just can't adjust to her new surroundings.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• ahh i just realized she would be sleeping upstairs..they have stairs and she just gets out of bed on her own when she wakes up. and we do not have stairs...ahhh i would need the babygate...although she would most likely try to climb it
    Anonymous

• Yes, you're being overprotective and paranoid. But on the other hand if you give in and let the sitter take her as she has so graciously offered so you can have some real quality time with your husband that you haven't had in a LONG time, you'll be miserable so why bother?

Stay home and do something as a family because of your nervousness and upset your husband because he was looking forward to some real adult time with his lovely wife.

OR

Let your daughter spread her wings a bit, let someone you trust keep her for ONE night so you can go out with the love of your life and have some adult, quality FUN.

Your choice.
    Anonymous

• What a wonderful idea!!! your child's first sleep over and you having a romantic night with your husband that is great! You will be able to give your husband the undivided attention that he misses. I really think that your daughter will be ok it's only for one night. Don't be scared it will be ok, for you,your husband and your daughter.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Take Solis in the fact that you currently trust this sitter to care for your daughter during the daylight hours and as she has a toddler of her own, she knows what they are capable of. If coming home to an empty house is an issue go all out get a hotel and make it really special for your anniversary.

I know exactly how you are feeling, I felt the same I had won a weekend away when my girls were younger.
    ElleinOz

Answer by ElleinOz at 7:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2009