donny darko

has anyone ever seen the movie donny darko??? can you explain it to me i watched it but i didnt get it. so???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• I had to watch it a couple times to understand. And you have to really pay attention...its not a movie you can only kinda watch and still understand.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yeah, its definatly one of those movies you have to pay close attention to.
    I had to watch it four times back to back just to get half of it.

Now I have it almost memorized haha its pretty pathetic.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I had to watch it about three or four times to get what was going on completely. You can always wikipedia it, I think they have a full synopsis of the movie b/c it's complicated to explain and i don't think I could do it in 900 characters. LOL.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I LOVE this movie ,but like the others posted you do have to pay close attention to it and may have to watch it a few times. They also have a sequel out S. Darko which is really good.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i just downloaded the s darko, im gonna watch that one once i finally understand the first one lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i love donnie darko..... hmmmmm
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You know, Donnie Darko is normally the kind of movie I love...my sister saw it, didn't like it, and thought it would be right up my alley, so she bought the DVD for me for Christmas. I truly hated this movie. It's not necessarily that I didn't "get" it (although it is complicated). I just didn't enjoy it at all. Other than the music--it had some terrific songs in it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I loved Donnie Darko, but at the end I was like "Huh?". So I had to watch it again. If I understand correctly, reality split, and Donnie was living in an alternate reality that was due to end. When it does end, he's back at home but chooses to remain in bed. Then the rest of the characters seem to have memories of the alternate reality they lived. It's complicated and weird, but I loved it.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh also, I watched S. Darko and did not like it at all.
    KelleyP77