how has your spirituality changed as you got older

mine is getting more and more scientific.....where i was laughed at evolution, i now read up, watched discovery channel a lot , did my own research and go wow..it makes perfect logical, scientific sense...and its proven. its not a maybe theory, it is accepted as the truth and proven.

i still believe in spirituality but muchdifferently than i did years ago. i dont put any energy into the fairy tales anymore so to say

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up and realised that "God" is just make believe. Propaganda, that's all.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 12:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• you know if you take religion out of the equation with life......and just focus on humanity and personality and society....

things get a wholehell of a lot easier
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think it's totally posible to be spiritual without being religious.
    StepJenni

Answer by StepJenni at 12:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I started out basically Christian, decided I was Mormon, read the Godmakers and it scared the Jesus right out of me :p

The more I learn about organized religions the more I fear them. I base my spirituality now upon the things that I know in this life... that nature is sacred and beautiful, that my actions directly affect my outcomes, that my family and teh people I love are sacred to me. I do believe in an afterlife and a higher power though, because the Theory of Evolution doesn't explain EVERYTHING.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It's more crystallized - I see the connections more easily with age. And science is more incorporated, and makes me feel more strongly. That's what I love so much about it - the more you learn the more it makes sense. It does not fight with science, it works along side it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Religion for me has gotten more and more technical and too ritualistic as I got older, I started to think for myself and use more my common sense now then stuff that I learned as a child...I guess for some this would be a negative change, but for me a positive..Muslims may even say that I have turned my back on Islamic teachings, but I disagree, I just feel that I am more enlightened and have a bigger and wider specturm of things of the world and otherwise. A more opened mind.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Hmm... I am the other way around. I find evolution and that kind of anecdotal science to make little sense at all. And I HAVE studied it. I am Mormon and the more I study the doctrine of the LDS Church I find that IT makes the most sense. I have had the same reaction as you have studying theology.
    Also, Darwin himself said that his work was only theory and he himself didn't believe it fully. I don't know if you specifically believe in that though.
    To answer the question in your heading, I think I was more "spiritual" when I was a teenager always making mistakes (funny how that happens). :o) But I find myself more knowledgeable in my religion now, more and more every day - and it strengthens me as a person and a child of God.
    I am just answering the question now, not looking for debate or someone trying to show me "Godmakers" because I've seen and heard it all and it doesn't phase me. :o)
    AngelPuff1012

Answer by AngelPuff1012 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yes, for me it has, but for me , it was my relationship with Jesus Christ, and i realize what is more important in life. My soul, My soul longs to be right with God, and i want more to walk with Him, and inspite of what life brings.. I do long for that, peace.. that peace that comes for him alone. I cant explain it, no drinks, no things of the world , etc can fill that void, but God.. God gives such a peace, that tops everything else.. that is what I long for everyday
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Great answer ahortiz5! Very beautifully said.
    AngelPuff1012

Answer by AngelPuff1012 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I started buying more statues of Mary
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2009