What is the best diaper bag for a toddler and a newborn?

My friend suggested a messenger style bag to keep my hands free and the bag from slipping off my shoulder when I lean down. A lot of them seem ultra casual, which is not really me.

Any suggestions - especially those that are under $100 - would be appreciated! Thanks!

aim1105

Asked by aim1105 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Haiku bags are really stylish. You can google them & find retailers & online stores. I think they even make a diaper bag version. Personally, I just used a backpack. It was large enough to hold everything & it was truly handsfree.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I use Le Sport Sac. I like all the zippered compartments and the expandability. The different patterns are interesting, too.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I vote backpack too. That is what we used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I use the Vera Bradley Diaper Bag. I don't carry alot so I have plenty of room and lots of pockets.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I love my backpack. It's not very stylish, but it's very practical.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I love my backpack also...mine was an Eddie Bauer- had an outside pocket for a sippy cup...was hands free and DH didn't mind carrying it
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 9:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Man, I had 3 under 3 and never used anything but the bag the hospital gave me. I was able to pack everything I need in there for a newborn and 2 toddlers and I was bottle feeding and all 3 were in diapers. I guess I'm good at packing. Then again we rarely used it. It stayed in the car unless we were going out to eat and then we quit bringing it in with us when the baby was 6 months old (just kept it in the car).
    When my last baby was born I also had a 3yo who was still in diapers and that bag seemed so empty, lol. It's now sitting in the car with clothes that are 2 sizes too small for my toddler (she's 3 and potty trained now so no need for it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Just use a good backpack

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• http://www.thecrazydazy.com/diaper-bags.aspx
    This site has some options. Good luck!
    Jeanere

Answer by Jeanere at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009