baby and beach?

I really want to take a trip to the lake, but I am really nervous about it. My son is 6 1/2 months old. So of coarse I will put sunscreen on him. But he will sit up but gets lazy sometimes or will lean over and get on his belly. I am nervous about him getting burnt, or eating sand. Or what if he gets tired where will he nap. Any sugestions. I am a new mommy and had a winter baby so Im kinda lost for what our first trip to the lake will be. Do I hold on to him in the water? Or do I get him a little raft that he can put his legs through? He has never went swimming.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have a pack & play those come in real handy! Take a blanket to sit the baby on in the sand. hats to protect his head, sunscreen, toys. You can hold him in the water or get a raft and hold him in that to. Just see how he reacts to it. Should be good to go! Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• lots and lots of sunscreen! If he wants to nap then pu t him on a towel, make sure to cover him up witha umbrella or a towel to keep the sun off of him. The pak-n-play is a good idea if you have one. As far as him being in the water. My boys loves being in the little rafts things. but my niece hated it. Whatever he prefers really. He will try to eat the sand, all babies do! just brush it off he'll be fine. try not to be so nervous or you'll freak yourself out! lol just have fun.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'd recommend lots of sunscreen and if he likes to wear hats (and will keep them on his head) then I'd put a hat on him as well, to keep the sun from burning the top of his head, and out of his face.

As far as him being in the water- some babies love it, and some don't. How does he react to water during bath time? If he likes it, then it may be a good idea to try to take him in the water for a little bit. Just make sure you always hold onto him in the water. You could try to get one of those raft things, but since you mentioned it's a lake and you weren't sure whether or not to hold onto him..my advice would be just to not worry about getting a raft, and hang onto him instead. Just take him in for a few minutes at a time.

Good luck!
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 10:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• definitely bring a beach umbrellla.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009