• In the Spotlight:

Orange juice :)

I know folic acid is very important during pregnancy but was wondering how much orange juice I should be drinking in order to get the adequate amount. I see my doc on Wednesday so I haven't had any prenatal vitamins yet and am trying to be as healthy as possible. Lately I have been having about 12-14 fl oz a day. Am I getting enough?
(**6.5 Wks Pg**)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there are alot of cereals out there with good amounts of folic acid.... I actually took my regular daily vitamins until I seen my doc and he said that it was fine. Or just get some prenatals at the store yourself... your doctor will still prescribe you others if you need say... extra iron or something. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You can get folic acid in sweet potatoes, peaches, oranges, cabbage, broccoli, dried beans, split peas and asparagus. There are other foods as well, I just can't remember them right now. Oh, and almonds and beetroot too.
    Pheenix

Answer by Pheenix at 5:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2009