swollen feet

My ankles have been swelling to 3x the regular size, is there anything anyone has tired that helps??? i try sleepin with my feet up and doesnt work the swelling barely goes down by the morning, its really uncomfortable, i can barely bend my feet... any sugesstions please =T

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 12:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I really didn't swell until the 9th month but when I did it was pretty bad, my dr just told me to reduce my salt intake and elevate my feet . It didn't take it away but it did help, All that new weight on your feet is just sweful. I hope that helps!! GL
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 12:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• drink lots and lots of water as well as reducing salt intake. talk to your doctor about the swelling too. its totally normal to swell, but to a certain point. just double check with the doc to make sure everythings perfect, and they can give you more advice
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• take to your doctors, I was swollen from my feet to my knees for about 2 month, i was in and go of the doctor because of it. They would tell me nothing was wrong, keep my legs off and i could only sit at work. Weeeelllll finail they did a 24 hour protien test and found out i had toxicema (sp?) and had to have my son 2 months early. so talk to your doctor if it keeps up ask for a 24 hour protien test.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:40 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• see your doc...i had that problem, he said it was cause the baby was laying on a vein, turns out my amniotic fluid is like half of what it is supposed to be so i am retaining water...i would call your doc
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I had that problem starting really early on and had to deal with the whole time with my first pregnancy. Nothing they said to worked. It got so bad that I had to take dierex (its a pill that is suppose to make the extra water your body is retaining dissipate or whatever so your body can get rid of it) and even THAT didn't work! But try all the stuff... support hose, NO added salt, elevate whenever possible, walk but don't be on your feet for too long, and drink plenty of water. I hope you can find a way to make it go down! Good luck.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009