Excruciating headaches!!!

What is the best pain reliever to take while pregnant(6wks)?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tylenol but i was told the headaches can be from dehydration too so drink a lot of water =)
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 12:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well if your pregnant i'm pretty sure your only option is tylenol. Thats what my doctor told me tylenol and only tylenol. Good Luck hun ......>>.congrats too :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Tylenol if you're pregnant, like the other ladies said. And yes, be absolutely sure to drink lots of water and fluids and keep well hydrated.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Thanks :D...
    Yeah I had a feeling Tylenol was good, I was more afraid of aspirin but got confused... I have Tylenol 8 hours, wondering if they are good... Is any Tylenol okay or should I stick with basic Tylenol.... Hrmm...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I remember my doctor telling me to use regular strength Tylenol only.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Also try tieing a scarf around your head so it rests on your temples. Make sure that it is pretty tight so that it will help dull the pain. Baby talk mag suggested it and it works for my migraines. Also put an ice pack on you neck b/c that is where most head aches originate from. Lay in a dark room and it should get better quick.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Thanks amber... I love home remedies :) Will try that!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i was told that only tylenol. can be regular or extra strength. just with regular you can take 2 pills and extra, only 1. they work fine for me.. but i was getting really bad headaches that followed with nausea that wouldnt subside for or with ANYTHING and i finally figured out what it was... it was the few cigarettes i was smoking.. i had majorly cut back trying to quit but even those few were making me sicker than a dog. so my only option, quit completely cold turkey. i am day 3 now no cigarettes. they say its supposed to get easier from here but i still have the cravings.. no alternatives to curb them.. but its for the baby. so yeah..

oh i was also told for antacids.. only tums.. no rolaids..t here is something in them that isnt good for pregnant women.. tums are all calcium and they are good for you.. and they help me so :)
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2009