should i have gotten married because i felt like i needed someone to take care of me and my litte girl?

i'm not so sure i really loved him though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Financial security is a huge deal if you have little ones. I imagine some people would pass some some sort of judgement but I wouldn't. I wish you all the best and hope at least your marriage is a happy one.
    StepJenni

Answer by StepJenni at 12:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Marriage is a partnership. If love is part of it for a lifetime, you are blessed. Children need a stable home...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Id say not. Im on my 2nd marriage. The first time I got married I didnt have chidren but I got married because I found a way out of my current situation. I was living at home, had just turned 18. My mom hated me along with my family. Here was this guy who was super nice, adored me, gave me anything I wanted. And I knew if we got married, I was taken care of. So I did it. I was miserable the whole 2 years we were married! I cried all the time, I never wanted to go home to him, I constantly sat wondering "is this it? is this my life now?". Finally I just told him It was wrong, I wasnt happy, I never was, I did it all for the wrong reasons. It wasnt fair for me or him to live that way. I think you have good intentions for your daughter but you are always going to wonder if there is real happiness out there for you. If you are missing out. It's not fair for you or your husband if you arent putting your all into it.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Over most of history many MANY marriages were not entered into for love. It is still believed in many cultures today that love will grow between two people who are married.

I don't think that the situation is ideal, and it would sure be nice for you if you loved him... not to mention that if he ever finds this out it will crush him. But I don't think you're a bad person. I wouldn't do it, myself, but you did what you thought was best for yourself and your daughter. Now you just need to commit yourself to the marriage and falling in love with him :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I hope I didnt sound like I was bashing, I wasnt I just ran out of room lol. If you are happy then you are fine. But I just said what I did because you are questioning it. I hope it works out for you if it's what you are wanting. I hope you and your daughter get the happiness you deserve :) Best of Luck
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• nope, that was a bad reason to get married. You see where it got you. You'd have done better by taking care of yourself and your dd. Make sure the bio dad pays child support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Marriage should not be just for a meal ticket. I think you know that or you would not be asking the question and not adding your name.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 2:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I will say this: Everyone should be able to take care of themselves and children if unfortunately it comes to that. Never depend on anyone for anything except yourself.And you will feel better for it too.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It was wrong for you to marry him for the wrong reasons but you did. Now you need to make the best of it.
    Love is a choice NOT A FEELING!
    Love your husband & your family. Don't listen to the lies of the world about how the grass is always greener on the other side (the other side uses shitty furtilizer). Tend to your own lawn & watch God make it into something beautiful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• No you shouldn't have. I'm sure you know that because you are asking.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2009