What to do?

Sooooooooooooooo My SO is gone for 3 more weeks, it's already been one week of this. I need ideas to keep me busy! Lol. Me and DD play all the time, we go on a walk to check the mail, I can't walk to much because of a bum leg, i have no car, no phone....No cable/tv. I have a tv but it gets no channels...Only 2 friends up here, and they come by as often as possible, but still lol. HELP I AM GOING CRAZY FROM BOREDOM!

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 12:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wish I had some answers/help for ya. Im kinda in the same boat! My husband isnt gone though. but he works 3rds, he sleeps during the day. Im home, no car, no cable. There really isnt anywhere around us to walk to. My friends dont ever come around, or the 1 I have that lives closeby that actually drives. It gets borings. We watch movies, draw, play with stickers, play hide & seek, anything we can think of lol. When my husband is home... he wonders why I run him to death lol.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• With a child, having no phone is not acceptable. What happens if you need to call 911?

As for your boredom, try enrolling online for a course.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would do online education, which is actually the plan once SO deploys, but right now I am waiting for my divorce which will help with my financial aid. I can call 911 from my computer in that case, or use a neighbors phone.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 1:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well my hubby has volunteered for a 365 deployment so if he gets it I will be in the same boat lol! I know when he's gone I normally stay busy because we have 3 kids ages 5, 10, and 12. I do LOTS of crafts with them, we rent loads of movies through netflix and have family movie nights, we make a big deal out of cooking dinner together a few times a month, we go to friends houses, go to the park. I know it's hard with no car, have you looked into getting just a used car you and the kid could use just for driving around local? I know you can get them for a couple hundred. There's tons of free stuff to do if you have a car (going sight seeing, going to parks, going to a pond, etc) that would get you out of the house. I would look into it if your SO is gone very often.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• try scrapbooking that takes a lot of time
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well when he deploys, I will be moving back to OK to be around both of our families, so there won't be much boredom then lol.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 11:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2009