before my pregnancy i was 100 pounds....now i am 8 Months pregnanct and have gained 56 pounds...is it normal?? or what do i do to loose some in a healthy way??

melyRam

Asked by melyRam at 1:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about it. I also was a hundred pounds when I got pregnant and when I delivered I weighed almost 170 lbs. Some women gain more than others. If your doctor isn't worried then you shouldn't be either.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ditto
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• every one gains different, don't worry unless the doctor says too
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 1:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree with everyone. Dont try to diet or anything now, that can be dangerous. Just watch what youre eating. cut out the junk food and eat more fruits and veggies. but continue to eat healthy meals. and drink lots and lots of water. that will also help you to avoid swelling. Generally women that are small to begin with need to gain more weight then others. so your perfectly normal!! dont worry about anything! the weight will come off eventually!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would recommend that you excercise and put on a good support girdle after you havee the baby. This will help you loose the weight and gain your shape back faster. Breast feeding will also help you to loose weight very fast. I drop my weight very quick while I was breast feeding. They say when you breast feed it is like running 3 miles around the track. Your body is burning so many calories to produce milk when you pump. I lost 40 lbs. If you are looking for a good support girdle check out this website www.ardyss.com/en. The Body Magic will reshape your body. If you are interested let me know.
    stressfree929

Answer by stressfree929 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i gained about 70 with my first and went right back down to my normal size after breastfeeding.Don't diet now your baby need nourishment.you will lose the weight after baby is born.good luck and congrats your almost there!

ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 2:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. If your Doc says you're healthy, no worries. If you're really concerned about it, just cut down the gluten. You can get the carbs you need from plant based carbs ie. rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes. And when you're craving something sweet, eat the fruits you love. There's such a variety to choose from. Just don't get so concerned that you start to think badly of your self. You and your baby need nourishing. And I agree with Amanduhpanda, drink plenty of water, sometimes putting a couple of drops of lemon juice or vanilla in it helps with the monotony.
    Pheenix

Answer by Pheenix at 5:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I was 102lbs when I got pregnant and the day I gave birth I was 165 1/2lbs. I was lucky enough to have a baby who LOVED to eat and I lost 20lbs in 10 days. With my son I was 112 and when had him I was 173. It's really sad because that's what I weigh now. I did get down to 120 and in 6 years gained 50lbs. I think it's totally normal and nothing to worry about.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 6:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Even if you're underweight, you should gain between 28-40lbs. You don't have to eat for 2, just eat healthy & stay active. After the baby is born, breastfeed & get back into an activity when you're body is able.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009